As a self proclaimed beauty junkie, when I first heard about beauty box subscriptions I immediately signed up and waited patiently for my first box to arrive.
My first subscription was Birchbox. I was a loyal Birchbox supporter for about a year, but I started getting antsy for more full size products. So when I saw the Glossybox for NetAPorter collaboration, I was intrigued. Sure, it was pricier than Birchbox but the value appeared to be much greater. Now, after a year and a half with Birchbox and 8 months with Glossybox, I have a good idea about what each box offers, and what they don't.
So, which box is for you?
Birchbox is for you if...
- You consider yourself trendy and like to mix high and low cost items together
- You're a beauty product junkie
- You love free samples at Sephora
- You're anxious to try the "next big thing" before anyone else
- You are 18 and up
Glossybox is for you if...
- You are someone who prefers luxury products from department stores or boutiques
- You like beauty products, but you're more "fashion focussed"
- Skincare is one of your biggest concerns
- You're always looking for the perfect anti-aging or night cream
- You are 24 and up
Let's be honest...I can talk about the differences all day long but I'm sure you are more curious about the products that I've received. I've received great products in both of the boxes. My favorites are listed below.
If you are on the fence about ordering a beauty box, I hope this post helped you determine which box is for you! If you are a Birchbox or Glossybox subscriber I'd love to know what you love about your box and your favorite products!