Workday ruts happen to the best of us. Even if you love your job, there are times when you just need to shake things up to break up the routine. Here are my tips and tricks for staying motivated.
1. Change your desktop background. A motivational phrase or a great design could be all that is standing between you and conquering that to-do list. Checkout my favorite resource, Design Love Fest, for some amazing options.
2. Deep clean your workspace. I'm guilty of a messy desk just as much as the next person, but Lysol wipes go a long way and a fresh scent might be what you need to keep things moving.
3. Get moving. Get out of that desk chair and walk away from your inbox for ten minutes. If it's nice out, a walk around the block might be just what you need. For extra motivation, wear a fitness band as a reminder to get moving - it's even more fun if you can compete with your coworkers for steps during the day.
4. Spruce up your workspace. Upgrading office supplies to your favorite set of pens or a gold stapler may be the excitement you need to start the day off on a good foot. I also recommend hanging your favorite pictures and bringing a coaster from home to make that morning cup of coffee feel a little more indulgent.
5. Stay hydrated. Dehydration impacts your concentration and can make you feel tired and sluggish. Keep a water bottle at your desk, extra points if it's cute, as a reminder to keep filling it up throughout the day. Remember, your daily water intake should be half of your body weight in ounces. So, if you weigh 140 you should be drinking 70 oz a day.
I'd love to know how you stay inspired at work. Let me know what tips and tricks you use to break up the 9-5.